Unleashing your creative genius takes time and energy. You have amazing ideas. They’re creative, out-of-the-box and so crazy they just might work, if only…
As an entrepreneur, adult with ADHD or other creative genius, you don’t lack imagination. I’m convinced that a creative genius or, even two or three, already have the solutions to many of the world’s problems, but they just can’t seem to bring them to fruition. One of the biggest regrets my clients share with me when we first meet is, “I feel I have so much potential, but I can’t seem to execute any of my brilliant ideas.”
The sad part is that not only are you missing out on a more fulfilling life but the world, your community, your family and your friends are also missing out on everything you have to contribute.
You’re so busy making a living, keeping your job, saving your marriage, staying out of trouble, the list goes on… that you just don’t have the time and energy required to realize your creative projects. Paradoxically, your ADD brain, provides you with the flow of ideas that lead to unconventional creativity, but also creates the obstacles that prevent you from bringing them to fruition.
To accomplish your projects, you need:
- To conserve energy so you have some left over at the end of the day to implement your ideas;
- To organize your time so you are able to allocate time to work on them;
- To create a better environment (physical, financial, social, family, body, etc) to support you;
- To recognize and develop your strengths and minimize the impact of your weaknesses;
- To manage your projects by creating systems and habits that will allow you to accomplish even the most boring task to make your creative ideas happen; and
- To overcome procrastination.
My clients and I work on together these areas. You bring the creative genius, and I offer the focus, action and success. :). Hey, I like that!
In a few days, I’ll provide some ideas on how you can accomplish these things and allow your projects to see the light of day.
Now, how can you use this information today?
- First, identify the obstacles that keep you from moving forward with your projects.
- Second, consider what first two or three steps you can take to meet one of these needs.
What on Earth Is a Creative Genius Coach?
5 Reasons to Unleash Your Creative Genius – Part 1
5 Reasons to Unleash Your Creative Genius – Part 2
3 thoughts on “Obstacles to Unleashing Your Creative Genius”
Have you ever noticed that you can get a bonus return on your energy… if you’re organized to conserve energy AND you do things that you enjoy (things you’re good at, things you’re passionate about, things that use your talents and strengths.)
Gotta love a bigger bang for the busk, so to speak!
That was supposed to be “bigger bang for the buck” obviously!
Exactly! A lot of people think that scheduling time to regain their energy is too restrictive. The problem is that you often don’t notice that your energy is down and plow right through. Results: you stay ineffective and never gain your mojo back for your personal life.
So having a list of things you can do during your periods of low energy and scheduling them when you know you usually get low, gives you bigger bang for the buck, as you put it.